Sunday, July 27, 2008

St, Mary and The Queen Of Sheba. (Originally posted in August of 2006).

I was walking, or should I say drifting, or floating along 125th Street yesterday on my way home from the Taxi and Limousine Commission offices (where everything went great) and I was floating across Amsterdam Avenue when approaching at one o'clock was The Queen of Sheba, or her direct descendant. My breath taken away for a quick minute I quietly and appreciatively and to myself mouthed the words "well hello." I'm sure these words were not loud enough to bother her. Then coming towards me at two thirty was a priest! First I thought I was going to hear something about the little sin I had just committed.

NO, he asked me if I am The Fat Old Jewish Guy Who Lives In The Projects and told me I'm doing great work. He gave me his card too and told me he's with St. Mary's Chruch which I recognized right away as a center for good community activities and activism.

Yesterday everything went right.

No comments: