Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Yup, I Passed A Test To Get This Job- Taxibiz Questions (I)

People are always asking me about the workings of the taxi business. While I want this weblog to be entertaining and fun and frankly I want to sell you posters and prints I will from time to time try to post some Q and A type stuff about the workings of the taxi business. Here I have a link to a sample test all drivers of Yellow Medallion taxis in NYC must pass before they get their licenses.

Taxi drivers go to school to prepare for this test and some go to school to prepare for the school to prepare for this test. The real school however is the job itself, the streets and the passengers who often end up teaching the cabbies geography of New York City.

Later I will explain the money workings of the business, including how much cabbies typically earn.

Sample Exam

Sample Exam - Answers Taxi drivers in New York City are tested and required to attend a class of at least 24 hours duration prior to getting licensed to drive yellow taxis. Yellow taxis are the only taxis licensed to pick up passengers without pre arrangement (street hails).
visit

www.acsmustbestopped.com

No comments: